Macular Hole Updates: Treatments, Recovery Suggestions, and Patient Issues
During the eight years since I wrote Surviving Recovery from Macular Hole Surgery, in 2009, there have been many changes in medical theory, practice, and treatment for macular holes and I have been contacted by dozens of people worldwide.
This updated series addresses advances in treating macular holes, recovery suggestions, and important issues facing patients during recovery.
- My Personal Journey and Vision Recovery from Macular Hole Surgery
- Macular Hole Statistics
- Advances in Macular Hole Treatment and Recovery
- Macular Hole Surgery Recovery Techniques and Suggestions from Readers
- Insurance Coverage and Reimbursement Issues for Macular Hole Surgery
- Important Issues Raised by Macular Hole Patients
- My Suggestions for Patients Having Macular Hole Surgery
Also see Suggested Resources for more information about helpful products and organizations, as well as the author’s contact information.
I was an educator of blind and visually impaired children for 42 years. Although I have read and researched a great deal and have had extensive discussions with retinal specialists, I am not an ophthalmologist or a medical doctor.