Are you or a family member having difficulty seeing? Or perhaps been diagnosed with an eye condition such as macular degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma, or diabetic retinopathy? If the answer is yes, you’re not alone: vision problems affect 25 million Americans and they are on the rise.
VisionAware is a free, easy-to-use informational service for adults with vision loss, their families, caregivers, healthcare providers, and social service professionals.
According to a study published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Studies, individuals with low vision problems often do not hear about low vision rehabilitation services from their ophthalmologists and other medical providers. VisionAware fills in this gap.
Visitors to VisionAware will find:
- Free, practical tips and resources for adults with vision loss, their families, friends, caregivers, and related professionals
- Information on eye diseases and disorders
- Different ways to connect, including social media channels like Twitter and Facebook
- VisionAware blog
- Visually Impaired, Now What? Blog by our Peer Advisors
- Searchable, free Directory of Services
VisionAware is a part of the APH ConnectCenter: reliable, free information for all ages on virtually every aspect of vision loss.