Cleanse and Moisturize: Tips for Self-Care After Vision Loss
- First, wash your face with warm water and a mild soap or with a facial cleanser. Be sure to rinse thoroughly to remove any soap or cleanser residue.
- Next, apply a light cream or moisturizer. Be sure the moisturizer is fully absorbed before you begin your makeup application.
- When applying cleansing cream and/or moisturizer, try to follow the following sequence, using both hands:
- Upward and outward from chin to ears
- Across and up from nose to temples
- Upward from tip of nose to forehead
- Circular motions on forehead to temples
- Gently over eyelids from inner corner to outer corner
- Gently under eyes from outer corner to inner corner
- Small circular motions around sides of nose
- Circular motions on chin
- Upward on throat