Wyoming Assistive Technology Resources
University of Wyoming
Laramie Wyoming 1 82071
(307) 766 6187
WATR is Wyoming's Assistive Technology Act Program and a resource for all assistive technology (AT) needs in Wyoming. AT may be a device or solution that enhances an individual's ability to live, play, or work independently. WATR activities include Device Demonstrations; Device Loan Center; Device Reutilization; Alternative Financing; AT Assessments and Evaluations; Training and Technical Assistance; Public Awareness Activities and Coordination and Collaboration.
- Short-term loan of assistive technology
- Assistive Products
- Maintains a demonstration center in which individuals can try out and evaluate various pieces of assistive technology including low tech and high tech devices.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides a variety of training opportunities for professional organizations, state agencies, private industry, service providers, community groups, and consumers interested in learning more about assistive technology and services.
- Information and Referral
- Provides a free information and referral program.
- Services for Seniors