World Services for the Blind
2811 Fair Park Boulevard
Little Rock Arkansas 1 72204
The World Services for the Blind is accredited by NAC (The National Accreditation Council for Agencies Serving People with Blindness or Visual Impairment).
Rachel Buchanan,Vice President of Rehabilitation Services,firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Jones,Director of Marketing & Communications ,email@example.com
Cynthia Kiper,Director of Workforce Developement ,firstname.lastname@example.org
Yolanda Smith,Volunteer Coordinator & Housing Supervisor,email@example.com
- Provides counseling and referral services, psychological testing, and psychiatric evaluation.
- The foundation of a healthy personal adjustment to blindness is comprehensive training and counseling provided on an individualized basis. Drawing from the comprehensive array of life skills services offered at WSB, a personalized training schedule is designed to ensure each person achieves a well-rounded and healthy personal adjustment to visual disability. Our philosophy maintains that effective and total rehabilitation can only be achieved in the therapeutic, multi-disciplinary environment of a comprehensive residential rehabilitation center. Comprehensive Life Skills Services - Techniques of Daily Living - Assistive Technology - Basic Communication / Adult Education - Braille - Low Vision - Keyboarding - Orientation & Mobility - IT Fundamentals - Small Business Training
- Provides vocational evaluation, job readiness, vocational training in 11 areas, job development and placement and follow-up services. -- Assistive Technology -- Assistive Technology Instructor -- Call Center Specialist -- Credit Counseling -- Desktop Support Technician I -- Desktop Support Technician II -- Microsoft Office Specialist -- Certified Administrative Assistant -- Voice Over at Work (VOW) -- College Prep -- Transitional Aged Youth -- Student Transitional Youth Learning Experience (STYLE)
- General medical assessment and monitoring of health issues, and medical referrals. Refers for diagnosis and evaluation of eye condition. Also refers for audiological services and occupational, physical, and speech therapy.
- Refers for diagnosis and evaluation of eye condition. Prescribes lenses and low vision devices. Provides audiological services and occupational, physical, and speech therapy.
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up, as well as training in utilization of low vision devices.
- Offers internships and supervised field placements for rehabilitation counseling, orientation and mobility, rehabilitation teaching, and social work students.
- Provides leisure time activities.