West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services
107 Capitol Street
Charleston West Virginia 1 25301-2609
(304) 356 2060
WVDRS seeks to work with people with disabilities to enable them to receive training, jot placement, or services for job retention. WVDRS manages and operates the Independent Living Program for Older Blind known as VISIONS (Visually Impaired Seniors In-home, Outreach & Networking Services). The program provides in-home and community-based services on a statewide basis to eligible consumers.
Tina Currey, Skills Trainer, email@example.com, 304 625 6044
Curtis Jamison, Skills Trainer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 304 267 0005 ext.51172
Carla Kirby, Skills Trainer, email@example.com, 304 647 7515
Darrell Morris, Skills Trainer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 304 760 7161
- Administers psychometric testing, work sample evaluation, behavior observations, job transferability skills, and career exploration. Provides comprehensive evaluation or specialty evaluation. Provides optometric evaluation to determine how much sight the person has and how best to enhance it.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides training in reading and writing braille.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of computers with voice output.
- Offers coping strategies for dealing with vision loss.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in life skills, including independent living and travel and reading and writing braille, as well as using computers with voice output. Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational training and counseling, training in the use of assistive technology, environmental modifications, job modifications, and job placement.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services for people who are blind or visually impaired in West Virginia. Refer you for other services, such as Talking Book services and free directory assistance.
- Services for Seniors
- WVDRS manages and operates the Independent Living Program for Older Blind known as VISIONS (Visually Impaired Seniors In-home, Outreach & Networking Services) Our program provides in-home and community-based services on a statewide basis to eligible consumers.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers travel training for people with visuual impairments.