Washington State School for the Blind
2214 East 13th Street
Vancouver Washington 1 98661-4120
(360) 696 6321
The Washington State School for the Blind provides a large menu of services through a diverse service delivery model including: Intensive On-Campus Programs, Summer School Programs for children, Outreach Services which include direct/consultative Itinerant Services to Local School Districts, statewide assistive technology services, 5th year transitional program, Braille Production and Instructional Resource Center Services, Accessible Online Learning Services, Birth to Three Statewide Coordination, Research Development, Low Vision Clinic, Professional Development and State Vision Consultant Services.
Scott McCallum, Superintendent, email@example.com, 360 947 3301
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Braille Access Center offers transcription to braille services for a fee.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation visits to district.
- Distance Education
- WSSB’s Distance Learning Project provides online curriculum for WSSB students and for other students not at WSSB; training for teachers and others in the field who work with students with visual impairments; and provides a comprehensive resource for families and others to either search through frequently asked questions or send a query about raising a child with a visual impairment.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training services.