Washington State Department of Services for the Blind
4565 7th Avenue SE
Lacey Washington 1 98504-0933
(206) 906 5510
The Washington State Department of Services for the Blind (DSB) "provides one front door" to services for all residents of Washington state who are blind or have low vision. It has offices in Olympia, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, and Yakima. It also provides a range of services for employers interested in accommodating or hiring workers with vision loss.
Julie Brannon, Orientation and Training Center Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Cook, Independent Living-Older Blind, Consultant, email@example.com
Lou Oma Durand, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael MacKillop, Deputy Director, email@example.com
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides literacy instruction.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Includes an outreach program.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides Assistive Technology assessments and training.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers technical assistance services for a fee.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides rehabilitation services.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational counseling. assists participants as they explore career possibilities, plan their career future, and gain the necessary alternative skills of blindness, academic training, and specific job skills.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to other agencies and services specific to client needs.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers in-service training.
- Services for Seniors
- Provides independent living and vocational rehabilitation services.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers Orientation and Mobility training.