244 North Queen Street
Lancaster Pennsylvania USA 17603
(717) 291 5951
VisionCorps was founded in 1926 and is one of the oldest, and largest, non-profit organizations in Pennsylvania. Its goal is to empower people who are blind or vision impaired to attain independence.
In 1926, a group of six people created a small workshop for several blind individuals in a few rented rooms at 218 East King Street. The group hired a shop supervisor who taught workers skills such as basket making and chair caning/weaving. The products were then sold in a store.
Today, VisionCorps’ Enterprise Group focuses on employing people who are blind in manufacturing, food processing, and administrative services. The organization currently employs more than 150 individuals, 75 percent of whom are blind or vision impaired.
Emily Ebersole, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher Ament, Vice President of Rehabilitation and Education
- Assistive Products
- Sells low vision devices. Products for sale on site.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Runs Kidsight, Worksight.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living and communication skills.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides industrial employment and vocational training.
- Health Services
- Offers prevention of blindness program.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referrals to other services. Offers prevention of blindness program.
- Support for Parents
- Offers support groups.
- Support Groups
- Has a support group for parents.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.