Virginia Division for the Aging
1610 Forest Avenue
Richmond Virginia 1 23229
(804) 662 9333
The Virginia Department for the Aging fosters the independence and well-being of older Virginians and supports their caregivers through leadership, advocacy and oversight of state and community programs, and guides the Commonwealth in preparing for an aging population.
The Department funds a network of 25 local Area Agencies on Aging which provide direct services to eligible older Virginians and their families.
Marcia DuBois, Director, Division for the Aging, Marcia.email@example.com
James Rothrock, Commissioner
- Administers Uniform Assessment Instrument (UAI) to assess clients for all aging services.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers outreach services to the community.
- Provides information and referral regarding Virginia's long-term care service system. Also provides insurance counseling for persons 60 and older on Medicare, long-term care insurance, and Medicaid.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides 55 and older, eligible individuals with community service work experience for 20 hours per week in preparation for unsubsidized employment.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to Area Agencies on Aging and information on other local aging services. Provides resource information and assistance to older persons and their caregivers.
- Services for Seniors