U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Augusta Blind Rehabilitation Center
VA Medical Center
Augusta Georgia 1 30904-6285
(706) 733 0188 ext: 6661
Outpatient services are provided by a Blind Rehabilitation Outpatient Specialist (BROS) to local veterans by conducting home visits or utilization of outpatient clinic.
Paul Whitten, Chief, Blind Rehabilitation Center, Paul.Whitten@med.va.gov
- Assists in making an emotional and behavioral adjustment to blindness through individual counseling sessions and group therapy meetings.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers a variety of skill courses designed to help blinded veterans achieve a realistic level of independence, including orientation and mobility, communication skills, activities of daily living, manual skills, visual skills, computer access training and social/recreational activities.
- Recreation Services
- Offers recreational activities for groups as well as individuals.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Brings together veterans who are blind from varied backgrounds, educational levels, and occupations for support group meetings.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.