The STAR Center, Inc.
1119 Old Humboldt Road
Jackson Tennessee 1 38305
(731) 668 3888
- We provide assessments in orientation and mobility, low vision, and functional vision skills to individuals of all ages throughout West Tennessee. This service is funded through various programs including Vocational Rehabilitation, TN Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired, local school systems, and TN Early Intervention System.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- We provide assessment and training for individuals who are interested in working or returning to college/technical school through the TN Vocational Rehabilitation Program. This training can include the Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office suite of applications, and/or any assistive technology (hardware or software) that is necessary for the individual to reach his/her educational or employment goals.
- Employment/Job Training
- We provide Employment Services for individuals with various disabilities. This service is provided through Vocational Rehabilitation and can include job readiness skills (soft skills, resume writing, dress for success, etc.) and assistance with finding employment and obtaining the necessary adaptations for successful employment.
- Low Vision Services
- Low Vision Evaluations and Training are provided through a partnership with the Southern College of Optometry. An optometrist specializing on Low Vision is in our center 2-4 days per month to provide services to individuals of all ages. Individuals may be referred from a variety of sources including their optometrist, ophthalmologist, Vocational Rehabilitation counselor, Rehab Teacher, or family/self. This service is funded by Medicare, private insurance, Vocational Rehabilitation, TN Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired, self-pay, etc.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Orientation & Mobility Evaluations and Training are provided to individuals of all ages throughout West Tennessee. The individuals are typically served in their home or local community, depending on their personal goals. This service is funded through Vocational Rehabilitation, TN Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired, local school systems, etc.