Sight Center of Northwest Ohio: Toledo Society for the Blind
1002 Garden Lake Parkway
Toledo Ohio 1 43614
(419) 720 3937
The Sight Center offers a unique blend of multi-disciplinary services that provide direct support to people of all ages and socio-economic levels. Services include: Low Vision Evaluation, Low Vision Training, Rehabilitation Teaching (Daily Living Skills training), Orientation & Mobility, Assistive Technology, Vocational Services, Information & Referral, and Social Work.
Stacey Butts, Executive Director, email@example.com, 419 720 3937 ext.104
Dani Moran, CVRT, Interim Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 419 720 3937 ext.109
- Assistive Products
- Sells assistive products.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Braille translation services
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides computer evaluations and training.
- Offers individualized assessment, case management, and referral to appropriate counseling services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides rehabilitation evaluation and training in a variety of areas including, independent living skills and the use of adaptive aids.
- Health Services
- Offers vision screening (preschool, school age, adult glaucoma), industrial eye safety, prevention of blindness programs, low income eye clinics.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services to individuals who need connected to local, state, and national agencies that specialize in services for the visually impaired.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers specialized vision rehabilitation services that allow people with low vision to make the best use of their remaining vision. Offers low vision evaluation by licensed optometrist with low vision experience. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers regular in-service training program for universities, hospitals, interns, nursing homes, and related institutions.
- Services for Seniors
- Provides independent living services to Ohioans age 55 years or older in the Sight Center's 16 county service area.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility evaluation and training in the home and in the community. Issues prescription white canes.