Richard E. Hoover Rehabilitation Services for Low Vision and Blindness
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Baltimore Maryland 1 21204
(443) 849 2658
Dr. Janet Sunness specializes in low vision rehabilitation, retinal disease, clinical electrophysiology and visual function testing. Michelle Bianci, OTR/L, CLVT is a occupational therapist specializing in low vision needs.
Janet Sunness, Medical Director, email@example.com
- Assistive Products
- Sells low vision devices such as magnifiers and telescopes (upon evaluation)and referral for CCTVs. The Hoover VIEW offers one-stop shopping for nonoptical devices such as writing guides, talking watches, pens, as well as a technology demonstration center offering public access to the latest electronic magnifiers. Products for sale on site.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in patient's environment by professionals certified in rehabilitation and orientation and mobility.
- Financial Assistance
- Hoover Low Vision has small grant opportunities for our low income patients for optical devices.
- In-Home Services
- Provides in-home functional evaluations which may include training in activities of daily living, lighting, safety, O&M as well as work-evaluations.
- Low Vision Services
- Performs low vision evaluations at Greater Baltimore Medical Center.
- Professional Training
- Offers ophthalmology resident training in low vision.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Holds share group meetings as scheduled.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.