Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology
Institute on Disabilities
Philadelphia Pennsylvania 1 19122
(215) 204 1356
Amy Goldman, Project Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistive Products
- Provide access to Assistive Technology through: (1) Device Demonstrations— A hands-on opportunity to learn more about different AT devices so individuals can make an informed choice about what will work best for them. (2) Device Loans—Pennsylvanians of any age and ability can borrow AT devices, at no cost, to try at work, school, home or in their neighborhoods. This short-term loan program has a "try before you buy" philosophy, and helps people with disabilities and their families make the right choice of AT devices before they obtain a device. Provide Acquisition of Assistive Technology through Reused and Exchanged Equipment Partnership: Previously owned devices are an affordable option instead of buying new, and several options are available to Pennsylvanians, including classified listing of used devices (REEP) and other refurbishing programs. I Can connectPA PIAT is the Pennsylvania provider of the ICanConnect program which provides assessment , application and training for the national program sponsored from the FCC. Persons with dual disability of hearing loss and vision impairment can acquire assistive technology equipment to connect with the digital age including access for wireless communication, email and Internet. Visit www.disabilities.temple.edu for more information or call 800-204-7428.
- Assistive Products
- PIAT administers the Telecommunication Device Distribution Program (TDDP), which gives free telephone equipment to Pennsylvanians who meet the eligibility requirements. http://disabilities.temple.edu/tddp
- Community Outreach Programs
- Assistive Technology exhibits and presentations at conferences, group meetings, staff in-services, and other events
- Information and Referral
- Provides information, technical assistance, and training on access to electronic and information technology for people with disabilities. Responds to requests regarding consumer choices in the selection of assistive technology, specific devices and where to obtain them, and information about assistive technology service providers.