Pennsylvania Association for the Blind
555 Gettysburg Pike
Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania USA 17055
(717) 766 2020
The Pennsylvania Association for the Blind (PAB), through its network of 29 member agencies, provides innovative services for people of all ages who have a wide range of vision impairments from low vision to total blindness.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Accepts any form of literature, document or business material for Braille Embossing. Please call PAB for a free price quote. All documents, and materials must be in MS Word/Office Format.
- Conducts vision screening on location at schools, community. Has eye health and safety programs. Deploys field staff, as needed, to reach into rural counties of low population density.
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Sight Loss Support Groups; individual counseling
- Provides home services and individualized instruction in daily living skills, home and health management, and communications skills
- Provides employment, training, education and social/supportive services.
- Offers family/caregiver services.
- Provides referrals to aging programs.
- Offers low vision services.
- Offers radio reading programs.
- Provides educational and recreational programs.
- Offers social and recreational activities.
- Provides escorted transportation to medical facilities, banks, grocery stores and social agencies.
- Provides orientation and mobility training.