Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired and Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation
150 East Campus View Boulevard
Columbus Ohio 1 43235
(614) 438 1200 ext: 2 for VR
OOD - BSVI/BVR is a state/federal program. Through the Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired, OOD assists Ohioans age 14 and older towards vocational goals and Ohioans age 55 and older in need of independent living supports. . OOD’s Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation also serves people who have other disabilities, such as mental, physical and emotional disabilities. For more information, call (614) 438-1200 or (800) 282-4536(
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Once an individual is determined to be VR eligible, services provided include, but are not limited to: work assessment; mobility training; medical restoration; vocational development; Braille instruction; career planning; job placement; adaptive equipment; employer assistance; and follow-up support.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers vocational rehabilitation (VR) services to assist individuals with disabilities obtain/maintain employment.
- Provides referral to and assistance with medical and eye health services when appropriate.
- Health Services
- Provides medical and eye health services.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides referral to and assistance with low vision evaluation, supplies and devices.
- Services for Seniors