Ohio State University: College of Optometry, Low Vision Rehabilitation Service
338 West 10th Avenue
Columbus Ohio 1 43210
(614) 292 1104
OSU Vision Rehabilitation Service specializes in working with persons with impaired vision to determine the most appropriate strategies for using vision. It is one of two entry points for the Ohio Bioptic Driving Program.
Alysia Benson, Contact, Abenson@optometry.osu.edu, 614 292 1104
Roanne Flom, Chief, Low Vision Rehabilitation Service, College of Optometry, email@example.com
- Conducts low vision assessments.
- Assistive Products
- Offers bioptic driving program and training in the use of visual assistive technologies.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers internships for optometrists as part of a four year optometry curriculum. Also offers a two year Advanced Practice Fellowship in Vision Rehabilitation, which combines clinical training and a Masters in Vision Science.