New Hampshire Department of Education: Services for Blind and Visually Impaired
21 South Fruit Street
Concord New Hampshire 1 03301
(603) 271 3537
Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides services necessary to help people with visual loss to enter, re-enter, or maintain employment. Most services are provided without charge to the referred individual as the Services for Blind and Visually Impaired Program is supported by State and Federal tax dollars.
Christine Brennan, Deputy Commissioner, Christine.Brennan@doe.nh.gov, (603) 271-3801
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides computer training.
- Offers consultation and referral, psychological testing.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, home mechanics, home economics, and communications skills. Oversees New Hampshire's Title VIIC program (Older Blind Independent Living).
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers evaluation, pre-vocational and vocational training, vocational placement, follow-up service, vending facility program, post-employment programs.
- Information and Referral
- Offers information about programs.
- Library Services
- Maintains library of talking book records and cassettes and provides reader services.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Offers peer support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.