Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
4600 Valley Road
Lincoln Nebraska 1 68510-4844
(402) 471 2891
Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (NCBVI), the state vocational rehabilitation agency for the blind, is committed to helping blind and visually impaired Nebraskans achieve fuller and more rewarding lives through services promoting a positive understanding of blindness and the potential abilities of blind people.
Erin Brandyberry,North Platte District Supervisor,email@example.com,308 293 7662
Connie Daly,Lincoln District Supervisor,firstname.lastname@example.org,402 471 8111
Nancy Flearl,Omaha District Supervisor,email@example.com,402 595 2139
Carol Jenkins,Supervisor, Nebraska Center for the Blind, Lincoln,firstname.lastname@example.org,402 471 8120
Carlos Serván,Executive Director,email@example.com,402 471 8104
- Offers vocational rehabilitation assessment for interests, skills, capabilities for employment.
- Offers braille instruction.
- Offers computer training.
- Offers individual/family counseling, consultation with schools and families of blind children, referral services.
- Provides instruction in braille and training in independent travel, homemaking skills, home teaching program, center training program, counseling/education on understanding of blindness, social attitudes. Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older.
- Provides technical assistance to clients in job search or job retention. Offers vocational counseling/career development, pre-vocational training, contracts for vocational training, placement and follow-up services, small business assistance, vending program assistance.
- Provides assistance with tuition, books, and other school supplies; job placement; other costs related to achieving employment.
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Refers for low vision exams, in some cases can assist with purchase of low vision devices. Can help individual learn to use low vision devices more effectively.
- NFB Newsline for the Blind; Radio Talking Book
- We provide skill training and counseling to persons 55 years and older who are experiencing vision loss.
- Offers peer support groups for seniors.
- Offers O&M training.