National Industries for the Blind
3000 Potomac Avenue
Alexandria Virginia 1 22305
(703) 310 0500
NIB is the nation’s largest employment resource for people who are blind, and through its network of associated nonprofit agencies, is the largest employer of people who are blind in the country. We create opportunities for people who are blind to become wage earners and taxpayers, reducing their reliance on government support and increasing engagement with their communities.
NIB connects its associated agencies with manufacturing and service delivery opportunities with the federal government and commercial companies. Our customers get the business solutions that they need, and people who are blind are employed—it’s a win-win. We offer career training, which is crucial to getting Americans who are blind employed and keeping them employed. Today, thousands of people who are blind are using these skills in state-of-the-art manufacturing and professional services careers.
NIB’s impact is made possible through the sale of SKILCRAFT® products and services produced and delivered by people who are blind. SKILCRAFT is a registered trademark owned and licensed by NIB. The SKILCRAFT line includes thousands of offerings — from office supplies and hardware to knowledge-based professional services — that meet or exceed exacting government standards, including the rigorous requirements of the U.S. military.
Janice Forbes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rikki Howie, email@example.com
Ann Walling, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Lynch, President and CEO, email@example.com, 703 310 0500
- Community Outreach Programs
- NIB's associated nonprofit agencies nationwide offer rehabilitative services to more than 160,000 people who are blind.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- NIB mentors and supports its associated nonprofit agencies through business development, program management and marketing and sales.
- Employment/Job Training
- NIB's associated nonprofit agencies nationwide employ people who are blind in a variety of product and service areas. CareersWithVision is an online employment resource available to people who are blind and seeking employment at NIB associated nonprofit agencies. This search engine is a collaborative effort between NIB and AFB. Visit http://www.nib.org/careers-training/careerswithvision. NIB's Wounded Warrior Program offers training, job placement, career opportunities and guidance with transition to civilian life for veterans who are wounded with any type of injury, including those who are blind. NIB's Business Leaders Program provides training and on-the-job experience to encourage professional development and prepare individuals who are blind for rewarding, successful careers in business. NIB's Contract Management Support (CMS) Training Program assists in the development of high-growth career opportunities for people who are blind by providing high-level training in the field of contract management.
- Professional Training
- NIB's Business Leaders Program provides training and on-the-job experience to encourage professional development and prepare individuals who are blind for rewarding, successful careers in business. NIB's Contract Management Support (CMS) Training Program assists in the development of high-growth career opportunities for people who are blind by providing high-level training in the field of contract management.