Missouri Assistive Technology Project
1501 NW Jefferson St.
Blue Springs Missouri 1 64015
(816) 655 6700
Kristine Rooff, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristy Summers, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com
Brenda Whitlock, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintains a listserv that focuses on disability related legislation in Missouri and provides brief summaries and updates on bills in the General Assembly dealing with a range of disability issues, including improving access to assistive technology devices and services.
- Assistive Products
- Operates the Equipment Technology Consortium (ETC) which is a short-term assistive technology equipment loan program for school districts and agencies in Missouri. Telecommunication Equipment Distribution for Telecommunications Access Program, including internet access equipment, telephone, wireless pilot, and iCanConnect for those who are Deaf and Blind. The TAP programs are for individuals of all ages.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Assists school districts in covering the costs of assuring students have the assistive technology they need in order to receive a free and appropriate education under IDEA. Provides training events on assistive technology, policies and related issues through direct sponsorship of training programs, coordination of training, and production and distribution of training materials.
- Financial Assistance
- Provides limited funding for assistive technology and some home access modifications for children under 21 years of age. Provides low-interest loans to eligible persons with disabilities in Missouri to purchase assistive technology.