Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Training Center
1541 Oakland Dr
Kalamazoo Michigan 1 49008
(269) 337 3848
BSBP Training Center-skills of blindness training for those who are legally blind.
Cheryl Heibeck,Director, Training Center,firstname.lastname@example.org,269 337 3864
Shenique White,Secretary,email@example.com,269 337 3848
- Evaluates for computer skills, employment, communication skills.
- Offers braille instruction.
- Provides computer training on site.
- Offers social evaluations; individual, group, family/parent counseling. Refers for other counseling/social work services. Contracts for psychological services.
- Provides training in personal management, braille, communications, handwriting, listening skills, keyboarding, video magnifier, home management, industrial arts, adaptive kitchen skills, and other skills.
- Offers pre-vocational evaluation, vending facility training.
- Provides information about blindness to consumers and the general public.
- Maintains library of braille books, large print books, braille magazines, recorded magazines. Loans out talking book record players and cassette players.
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in industrial arts, orientation and mobility, rehabilitation counseling, social work, vocational rehabilitation and regular in-service training program. Offers modified short-term or summer training.
- Offers arts and crafts, hobby groups, instruction and/or assistance for any student activity. Refers to community programs for other recreational services.
- Provides orientation and mobility training.