Maryland Technology Assistance Program
MD Department of Disabilities
Baltimore Maryland 1 21218
(410) 554 9230
- Assistive Products
- The Maryland Technology Assistance Program (MD TAP) provides tools to help Marylanders with disabilities and seniors enjoy the same rights and opportunities as other citizens. These tools are called "assistive technology" or "AT". Assistive Technology (AT) is any item needed to live, work or learn more independently. The program provides a streamlined service of product information, consultation, and resource assistance in order to make assistive technology more available, affordable and usable for Marylanders with disabilities and seniors.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Runs a demonstration and loan library where individuals can try devices before purchase and borrow them for up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Financial Assistance
- Maintains two low interest financial loan programs for Marylanders seeking to finance assistive technology or work-related equipment.
- Information and Referral
- Handles requests for information on assistive technology of every type and for every age group from infants to seniors. Provides information on devices on display at the Demonstration Center, located at the Maryland Rehabilitation Center in Baltimore.