The Maryland School for the Blind
3501 Taylor Avenue
Baltimore Maryland 1 21236-4499
(410) 444 5000
MSB educates students whose needs cannot be met in their local school systems though community-based outreach and comprehensive on-campus programs on a day or residential basis. The school serves students from birth to age 21 who are blind or visually impaired, including some with multiple disabilities. Each student has a mandated Individualized Education Plan (IEP) tailored to his or her needs. MSB’s program includes general education subjects and, in addition, special instruction in the disability-specific areas of the Expanded Core Curriculum that includes braille, orientation and mobility, career education and independent living skills.
Maureen Bisesi, Director of Residential and Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410 319 5714
Karen Frank, Infant and Toddler Program, email@example.com, 410 444 5000 ext.1378
W. Robert Hair, Superintendent and CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410 444 5000 ext.1743
Ruth Ann Hynson, Director of Statewide Outreach Services, email@example.com, 410 319 5726
Lauren Pappas, Director, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410 444 5000 ext.1718
Kibian Vasquez, CFO, email@example.com, 410 319 5711
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance.
- Health Services
- Provides diagnosis and evaluation of eye health, treatment of eye conditions, prescription of spectacles or devices, audiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy. Maintains on-campus medical specialty clinics.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information/referral through community liaison.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in special education, social work, speech pathology, orientation and mobility, psychology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreation, in-service training programs for staff and for other agencies. On campus and regional workshops on topics related to vision and Expanded Core Curriculum skills