Maine Department of Labor: Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired
54 State House Station
Augusta Maine 1 04333-0054
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides adaptive technology training services to consumers in the VR and IL programs.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides adaptive skills training in orientation and mobility and activities of daily living.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides services toward acquiring a job.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other programs.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up.
- Reading Services
- Provides radio reading services of newspapers and other material (Bangor Daily News, Portland Press Herald, Aroostook Weekly and others).
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers orientation and mobility instruction to develop independent travel skills.