Macular Degeneration Partnership
6222 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles California 1 90048
(310) 423 6455
The Macular Degeneration Partnership provides information, resources and support for people with AMD. In addition to our website, www.AMD.org, and our helpline, 888/430-9898, we provide three monthly support groups in Southern California for people with AMD and their family members.ti
These resources provide up to date information on AMD research, low vision rehabilitation and living with AMD.
Mary Prudden, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 888-430-9898
- Raise awareness of AMD and promote vision rehabilitation
- Community Outreach Programs
- Health Fairs and Vision Fairs to educate about AMD and provide basic Amsler Grid screening
- Information and Referral
- Information on Age-Related Macular Degeneration - online and printed. Telephone counseling. Referral resources for eye care and vision rehabilitation. We do not make specific referrals.
- Support Groups
- Three support groups meet monthly in Southern California. Huntington Beach, CA: Michael E. Rodgers Senior Center; 2nd Monday of each month. Santa Monica, CA: Santa Monica YMCA; 2nd Tuesday of each month. Beverly Hills, CA: Beverly Hills Library; 4th Wednesday of each month.