Lowell Association for the Blind
169 Merrimack Street
Lowell Massachusetts 1 01852
(978) 454 5704
LAB was founded in 1923 to serve the needs of people who are blind and visually impaired in the Greater Lowell area. It is a non-profit, community-based organization that is dedicated to working with people who are blind and visually impaired.
Elizabeth Cannon,Executive Director,firstname.lastname@example.org
Dorothy Donovan ,Technology Instructor,email@example.com,978 454 5704 ext.19
- Assistive Products
- Provide assistance with selecting and order other products including magnifiers, talking watches, etc.
- LAB has a library of Braille, Large print and audio books for loan. Ability to produce Braille documents and audio programming.
- Offers computer training.
- Offers advocacy and referral services.
- Senior Teen Employment Program for teens 14-22.
- Provides radio reading services as an affiliate of Massachusetts Radio Reading Network. Publications include the Lowell Sun, Lawrence Eagle-Tribune, Nashua Telegraph.
- Offers social and recreational activities for the elderly, working-age adults, and youth. Publishes newsletter/monthly schedule of activities.
- Has a Youth Program (ages 5-14), Senior Youth Program (ages 15-21), and a Senior Teen Employment Program (ages 15-21).