Low Vision Rehabilitation Service: University Station Clinics
2880 University Avenue
Madison Wisconsin 1 53705
(608) 263 7171
Stephen Kessler, Staff Optometrist
- Evaluates reading and daily living skills to determine specific optical and non-optical devices to be prescribed and provided for low vision.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of CCTVs.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living (ADL), refers to vision teachers associated with Wisconsin Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, and trains in use of optical and non-optical devices for low vision.
- Health Services
- Can provide ocular health exams by clinic ophthalmologist.
- Low Vision Devices
- Hand-held and stand magnifiers, telescopics, closed-circuit television.
- Low Vision Services
- Distance/near tasks skill levels evaluated, training in use of optical and non-optical devices provided. Loaners available. Follow-up provided. Provides training in use of hand-held and stand magnifiers, telescopics, closed-circuit television.
- Services for Seniors