Louisiana Department of Social Services: Rehabilitation Services
627 N. Fourth Street
Baton Rouge Louisiana 1 70802-9297
(225) 219 2943
Kevin Monk, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business/Personal Services
- Provides personal care to persons with very severe disabilities by providing assistance with activities of daily living.
- Provides guidance and counseling to consumers who are blind and/or have other disabilities, and who are found eligible for services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides services to enable individuals with significant disabilities to function independently in the family or community.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides vocational rehabilitation services, including work evaluation, assessment for and provision of assistive technology, job counseling services, medical and therapeutic services.
- Financial Assistance
- Through a federal grant, provides funding to the Affiliated Blind of Louisiana, Louisiana Center for the Blind, and the Lighthouse for the Blind in New Orleans to coordinate services for older blind individuals aged 55 and older.
- Services for Seniors