Lighthouse for the Blind of Fort Worth
912 West Broadway
Fort Worth Texas 1 76104
(817) 332 3341
The Lighthouse for the Blind of Fort Worth provides essential services to people who are visually impaired through diverse programs administered by a staff of skilled and caring professionals. A nonprofit organization, its mission is to provide services to assist legally and totally blind individuals to achieve their highest level of personal, economic self-sufficiency, consistent with their specific skills, general abilities, and interests.
Platt Allen, President and CEO, email@example.com
Alex Dean, O&M Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Fellers, Community Development, email@example.com
- Provides information, guidance, and assistance with services provided by federal, state, and local resources.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides community education and awareness about vision loss.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in the use of adaptive devices, communication techniques, home and personal management, counseling and guidance and community resources.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides work adjustment training and employment for individuals with vision loss.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services to individuals contending with vision loss and their families.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Provides contact information regarding local area telephone-based support groups and monthly low vision support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility skills training to assist individuals with vision loss to be able to travel independently.