Kent District Library Talking Book & Braille Center
3350 Michael Avenue SW
Wyoming Michigan 1 49509
(616) 647 3988
An Advisory & Outreach Center as part of the National Library Service for the Blind & Print Disabled
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- We provide our quarterly newsletter in braille upon request.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Training is limited to basic orientation.
- Information and Referral
- Maintains a list of local service agencies.
- Library Services
- Provides talking books, large-print books, and audiocassettes for blind and physically handicapped persons. Provides Vision Enhancement Devices (set of 4 magnifying glasses) for seniors' use on site and basic orientation training in the use of assistive devices. Located in a full-service public library.
- Reading Services
- The Newsline: Newspapers for the Blind, service of Michigan National Federation of the Blind project is available.
- Services for Seniors