Kaizen Program for New English Learners with Visual Limitations
810-A Hiawatha Place South
Seattle Washington 1 98144
Kaizen addresses the specialized instructional needs of blind and visually impaired immigrants and refugees learning English as a Second Language (ESL). It provides professional consultation to those who help new English learners with visual limitations obtain the competencies and information they need to communicate in English, make decisions, take appropriate action, advocate for themselves, become functionally literate in accessible formats, obtain personally fulfilling, dignified employment, and lead independent lives.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides one-to-one professional and/or volunteer tutoring in English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and orientation to North American culture, with emphasis on braille and large-print literacy.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation on English as a Second Language (ESL) instructional approaches, methods and resources.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals for agencies and individuals seeking services related to teaching or learning English as a second language for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Services for Seniors