Illinois Eye Institute: Low Vision Rehabilitation
3241 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago Illinois 1 60616
(312) 225 6200
The Low Vision Rehabilitation Service at the Illinois Eye Institute is dedicated to patients who are visually disabled and cannot be managed through medical or surgical treatment. The goal of the service is to help patients attain the highest level of independent living possible given their visual limitations.
- Offers evaluation of partially sighted and visually disabled patients.
- Assistive Products
- Offers a variety of optical devices, accessory devices, and adaptive technologies.
- Offers counseling and social services to help patients deal with the emotional trauma of vision loss and take advantage of applicable community resources.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living for seniors.
- Health Services
- Manages and treats eye conditions.
- Information and Referral
- Maintains a 24-hour information and referral service.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Offers low vision screening services on site or through referral for seniors. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers continuing education for optometrists and other professionals.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training, including individualized adaptive training for daily living tasks.