Illinois Department of Human Services/Division of Rehabilitation Services: Bureau of Blind Services & Business Enterprise Program for the Blind
Bureau of Customer Support and Services
Springfield Illinois 1 62762
(217) 785 3887
Luz Agosto,Labor Relations Specialist,Luz.A.Agosto@illinois.gov,312 793 2782
Pat Brown,Regional Supervisor,Pat.Kramer-Brown@illinois.gov,217 278 3500
Kenneth Coleman,Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor,Kenneth.Coleman@illinois.gov,312 633 3520
Thomas Lamm,Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor,Thomas.Lamm@illinois.gov,312 633 3520
Mae Michels,Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor,Mae.Michels@illinois.gov,312 633 3520
Bettye Odem-Davis,Bureau Chief-Bureau of Blind Services,email@example.com,312 814 3323
Derrick Phillips,Superintendent,Derrick.Phillips@illinois.gov,312 633 3532
Loma Rhoades,Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor,Loma.Rhoades@illinois.gov,312 633 3520
Michelle Saddler,Secretary, Department of Human Services,217 557 1601
Nancy Schultz,Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor,Nancy.Schultz@illinois.gov,312 633 3547
Janet Sherburne,Senior Public Service Administrator and Assistant Bureau Chief, Bureau of Blind Services,Janet.Sherburne@illinois.gov,312 633 3520
Barbara Wichner,Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor,Barbara.Wichner@illinois.gov,312 633 3520
Kimberly Woods,Rehabilitation Mobility Instructor,Kimberly.Woods@illinois.gov,312 633 3520
- Determines current needs and skill levels of clients.
- Offers technical assistance to other agencies and professionals who work with blind or visually impaired persons.
- Offers counseling, referrals, support to visually impaired individuals and family members.
- Provides training in skills of daily living. Offers programs for individuals age 55 or older needing training in self-care, household management and care, and adjusting/adapting to visual loss so they may continue to live independently within their own homes and communities. Provides other necessary services in whole or in part (depending upon similar benefits and other resources) by the department.
- Offers career and skill counseling, prevocational evaluation, career preparation training, vocational placement. Has programs available for individuals with severe visual impairments who are seeking to regain, retain or gain employment in the competitive labor market.
- Provides general information about blindness and visual impairment, and referrals to sources of other information.
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Offers workshops, in-service meetings.
- Provides orientation and mobility instruction in a community-based or residential setting.