Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
341 West Washington Street
Boise Idaho 1 83720-0012
(208) 334 3220
The Mission of the Idaho Commission for the Blind is to empower persons who are blind or visually impaired by providing vocational rehabilitation training, skills training, and educational opportunities to achieve self-fulfillment through quality employment and independent living; to serve as a resource to families and employers; and to expand public awareness regarding the potential of all persons who are blind or visually impaired.
Laine Amoureux, Statewide Assistive Technologist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Cunningham, Administrator, email@example.com
Rocio Gil, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Henrie, Assistive Technology Instructor , email@example.com
Stallings Jackie , Senior Rehabilitation Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Metsker, Assessment Training Center Manager , email@example.com
Scott Pearl, Braille & Assistive Technology Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Walsh, Rehabilitation Services Chief, email@example.com
Jeff Weeks, Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Wise, Independent Living Coordinator, email@example.com
- Maintains Statewide Assessment and Training Center.
- Assistive Products
- Distributes low vision aids, magnifiers and aids for daily living. Products for sale on site.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training.
- Offers individual, family/parent, couple counseling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in personal management, braille, typing, home management, cane travel skills in client's home and community. Provides services to individuals 55 or older to help them remain independent in their homes, families, and communities.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides pre-vocational evaluation, career and skill counseling, occupational skill development, vocational placement, vending stand training, on-the-job training.
- Information and Referral
- Refers for health and recreational services.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers regular in-service, short-term or summer training open for enrollment to other agencies in subjects requested by agencies.
- Reading Services
- Statewide Newsline as well as local papers by volunteers. Broadcasts selections from newspapers, magazines, and book readings. Publications include The Idaho Statesman and other local newspapers.
- Services for Seniors