East Texas Lighthouse for the Blind | The Lighthouse
411 W Front St
Tyler Texas 1 75702
(903) 593 3111
East Texas Lighthouse for the Blind is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Created in 1976 to serve the needs of the blind and visually impaired, the mission of The Lighthouse is to empower blind Americans through rehabilitation, education, training, and employment leading to a fully independent lifestyle. To accomplish that, The Lighthouse offers a wide range of programs and services through Client Services and Horizon Industries.
Kara Sharman, email@example.com
Michael Hubbard, Vice President, Finance, 903 595 3444
David J. Huffman, CEO, 903 595 3444
- Provides assessments and evaluations for services and programs.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- We train on a variety of devices and systems in order to best serve the client.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- From cooking, cleaning, and shopping to white cane training, transportation options, and navigating their environments, ETLB’s goal is to teach clients how to continue living and enjoying their lives on their terms.
- Employment/Job Training
- The PASS Program evaluates potential employees for skills needed to be employable. Employment Services Specialists then coach job seeking clients and strive to match them with hiring partners in the community. We stress job performance, upward mobility, and independence.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision assessments for adaptive equipment. Open to the public.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- We offer white cane mobility training, transportation options and navigating new and current environments in order to maintain or establish independence.