Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults: Rocky Mountain Region Office
190 E. 9th Ave, Suite 150
Rocky Mountain Colorado 1 80203
(303) 934 9037
Taryn Hill, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com, 303 934 9037
Ryan Odland, Regional Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conducts informal assessment to determine individual service needs of clients who are deaf-blind.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance regarding deaf-blindness to schools and agencies. Assists in developing local services for deaf-blind persons.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Refers to community rehabilitative resources relevant to deaf-blindness. May also refer to Sands Point, New York facility for comprehensive rehabilitation services for deaf-blind persons.
- Information and Referral
- Provides public information about deaf-blindness and refers to community resources. Provides follow-along support. May refer to Sands Point, New York facility for comprehensive rehabilitation. Maintains information for National Registry.
- Professional Training
- Offers professional development and in-service training.
- Services for Seniors
- Each year HKNC offers two two-week special training and information programs for senior adults, age 55 and older, who have combined hearing and vision loss. Participants connect with others facing the same experience and develop problem-solving strategies as well as identify community resources. Consultation, training and technical assistance are provided, e.g. Daily Support Group, Audiology, Low Vision, Communication Learning Center, Independent Living, Orientation and Mobility, Leisure/Recreation, Medical, and Assistive Technology.