Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults: Great Plains Region Office
450 E. Park Street
Olathe Kansas 1 66061-5410
(913) 677 4562
Does not provide transportation, but may travel to the home of the consumer if more convenient.
Videophone #: 913-227-4282
Beth Jordan, Regional Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diana Meier, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com
- Conducts informal assessment to determine individual service needs of clients who are deaf-blind.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance regarding deaf-blindness to schools and agencies. Assists in developing local services for deaf-blind persons.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Refers to community rehabilitative resources relevant to deaf-blindness. May also refer to Sands Point, NY facility for comprehensive rehabilitation services for deaf-blind persons.
- Information and Referral
- Provides public information about deaf-blindness and refers to community resources. Provides follow-along support. May refer to Sands Point, NY facility for comprehensive rehabilitation. Maintains information for National Registry.
- Professional Training
- Offers professional development and in-service training.
- Services for Seniors
- Training provided at HKNC in NY.