700 Elm Street
Winnetka Illinois USA 60093
(847) 446 8111
Hadley is the largest distance educator of visually impaired people, their families and professionals who serve them. Founded in 1920 by William Hadley, an educator who had lost his sight later in life, Hadley offers education and support free of charge. Our educational opportunities cover daily living, technology, braille, recreation, adjusting to vision loss, and employment. We rely on contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations to fund our programs.
Douglas Anzlovar,Chief Learning Officer,email@example.com
Andre Lukatsky,Chief Technology Officer,firstname.lastname@example.org,847 784 2713
Vivian Seki,Director of Materials Production,Vivian@hadley.edu
Julie Tye,President,email@example.com,847 784 2760
Karen Woodfork,Director of Student Services,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille and reading instruction.
- Provides materials in alternate formats.
- Offers 4 distance education programs: Adult Continuing Education, High School, Family Education and Professional Studies. Online courses include Access Technology: Beginnings, Blindness Basics, Business Writing, Contracted Braille, Diabetes: Toward Self-Management, Glaucoma, Going Places, Internet Basics, Internet: Beyond the Basics, Introduction to Braille, Learning Through Play, Macular Degeneration, Safety in the Home, Using Excel.
- Provides academic, personal enrichment, and rehabilitation and technical education through distance education courses, including braille reading and writing, finding employment, self employment and technology related courses. Also offers courses for parents of blind children and family members of blind adults.<br><br> Offers a variety of adult continuing education courses for seniors who are adjusting to vision loss.
- Offers a Professional Studies Program.
- Offers a Professional Studies Program for professionals and paraprofessionals in the blindness field.
- Hadley provides a variety of adult continuing education courses for seniors who are adjusting to vision loss including Independent Living, Going Places, Using Raised Markers, Personal Safety, Self-Esteem and Adjusting with Blindness and more.
- Offers a course in independent travel.