Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired
700 Elm Street
Winnetka Illinois 1 60093
Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired is the largest worldwide distance educator of blind and visually impaired people, their families and blindness service professionals. Founded in 1920 by William Hadley and Dr. E.V.L. Brown, Hadley offers classes free of charge to its blind and visually impaired students and their families and affordable tuition classes to blindness professionals. It offers more than 90 tuition-free distance education courses to blind or visually impaired individuals, their families and professionals working in the blindness field.
Hadley relies on contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations to fund its programs. The Hadley School is accredited by Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council since 1958 and the North Central Association on Accreditation and School Improvement since 1978.
Douglas Anzlovar,Chief Learning Officer,firstname.lastname@example.org
Andre Lukatsky,Chief Technology Officer,email@example.com,847 784 2713
Vivian Seki,Director of Materials Production,Vivian@hadley.edu
Julie Tye,President,firstname.lastname@example.org,847 784 2760
Karen Woodfork,Director of Student Services,email@example.com
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille and reading instruction.
- Provides materials in alternate formats.
- Offers 4 distance education programs: Adult Continuing Education, High School, Family Education and Professional Studies. Online courses include Access Technology: Beginnings, Blindness Basics, Business Writing, Contracted Braille, Diabetes: Toward Self-Management, Glaucoma, Going Places, Internet Basics, Internet: Beyond the Basics, Introduction to Braille, Learning Through Play, Macular Degeneration, Safety in the Home, Using Excel.
- Provides academic, personal enrichment, and rehabilitation and technical education through distance education courses, including braille reading and writing, finding employment, self employment and technology related courses. Also offers courses for parents of blind children and family members of blind adults.<br><br> Offers a variety of adult continuing education courses for seniors who are adjusting to vision loss.
- Offers a Professional Studies Program.
- Offers a Professional Studies Program for professionals and paraprofessionals in the blindness field.
- Hadley provides a variety of adult continuing education courses for seniors who are adjusting to vision loss including Independent Living, Going Places, Using Raised Markers, Personal Safety, Self-Esteem and Adjusting with Blindness and more.
- Offers a course in independent travel.