Glens Falls Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
144 Ridge Street
Glens Falls New York 1 12801
(518) 792 3421
Philip Jessen, CEO, email@example.com, 518 792 3421
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers comprehensive vision screening for elderly people in the community.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of CCTVs.
- Offers counseling/social work services, social casework, advocacy, outreach, visitation.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in Personal Management,Independent Living Skills, Activities of Daily Living and Orientation and Mobility/Travel Training for Ages 18 and Up.Offers independent living services and community-based programs for elderly people. Offers Adaptive Living Program.
- Employment/Job Training
- Refers for employment services.
- Health Services
- Offers preschool and elderly vision screening and in-service education programs. Refers for other health services.
- Information and Referral
- Offers public education programs on blindness and vision loss.
- Low Vision Devices
- Low vision specialist prescribes low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Maintains a monthly low vision clinic. Provides comprehensive vision screening for elderly people. Low vision specialist prescribes low vision devices.
- Recreation Services
- Offers community-based programs for elderly.
- Services for Seniors
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides instruction and equipment for Travel Training/Orientation and Mobility in the Community (Home Environment and Work Environment).