80 Maiden Lane
New York New York 1 10038
(212) 285 0080
The mission of The Glaucoma Foundation (TGF) is to fund groundbreaking research and to educate the public about the disease and the importance of early detection to prevent blindness.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Works in cooperation with companies and organizations to effectively and efficiently screen hundreds of people for glaucoma in a single day with the help of a volunteer team of medical professionals in the community.
- Offers the first interactive e-mail-based support community for young people with glaucoma. A new component of YUP, YUP-Parents offers support to relatives of young glaucoma patients, who are interested in sharing medical and parental experiences.
- Information and Referral
- Maintains a worldwide toll-free hotline (1-800-GLAUCOMA, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm EST) with trained representatives available to answer specific questions relating to glaucoma, provide assistance in finding doctors, and send out free, informative literature tailored to the general public and glaucoma patients.
- Support Groups
- The Glaucoma Foundation sponsors a Glaucoma Support and Education Group at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary (NYEEI) that meets once a month on the third Saturday morning of the month (except during the summer).<br><br> APUP, "Adult Patients Under Pressure", was created to give adult patients with glaucoma a forum to discuss and share their stories and experiences, as well as offer each other support through online discussions. Email <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a> to join!