Foundation for Blind Children
1234 East Northern Avenue
Phoenix Arizona 1 85020
(602) 331 1470
The purpose of Foundation for Blind Children is create opportunity for anyone with vision loss to achieve. With three Valley locations (East Valley, West Valley and Central Phoenix), we strive to serve as "the" community's resource for blind, visually-impaired, and multi-handicapped children, adults, and their families.
The Foundation for Blind Children provides a comprehensive system of services, which optimizes the blind, or visually-impaired child's development and offers many opportunities to lead a meaningful and productive life--starting with infancy, through preschool, elementary and secondary education throughout college and adulthood. Many of our children graduate from college, pursue successful careers and lead lives filled with enriching possibilities.
Marc Ashton, CEO, mashton@SeeItOurWay.org
Jared Kittelson, Education Services Director , jKittelson@seeitourway.org
Julie Oliver, Director of Adult & Transition Services, email@example.com, 602 331 1470
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- We offer a variety of Assistive Technology Computer training classes for adults.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to preschools when children are placed out of the center.
- We offer counseling services to all of our Adult Clients
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- We offer Daily Living and Independent Living Skills to Adults that attend our program where skills sets such as independent living and job readiness are the focus.
- Education Services
- We support students who are blind/visually impaired pursuing Bachelor's, Master's, and even Doctorate level degrees. We provide any assistance that is necessary to ensure the academic and success of the student with their educational goals.
- Employment/Job Training
- A non-residential comprehensive and cohesive job readiness program to assist blind/visually impaired adults in obtaining employment.
- Health Services
- Provides adaptive equipment, genetic counseling, low vision exams, immunizations, blood tests, and other health services on referral basis. Contracts for audiology, physical, occupational and speech therapy for young children.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers vision rehabilitation services to individuals of all ages with vision impairment.
- Professional Training
- Offers internships/fieldwork in special education/visually impaired and regular in-service training programs.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- We have certified Orientation & Mobility Specialist on staff to provide services to Adult Clients.