Florida Center for the Blind
1411 NE 22nd Avenue
Ocala Florida 1 34470
(352) 873 4700
The Florida Center for the Blind, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that teaches alternatives to performing daily tasks with a minimum of inconvenience to the individual. The Center also aids its clients in locating and qualifying for services available to them.
Education and training are provided in braille, mobility skills, daily living skills, cooking, and leisure time activities.
The Florida Center also provides training in employability skills such as typing, introduction to computers, and the use of specialized software.
Ben Cutler, Vocational Rehabilitation and Job Readiness
Charles Lawrence, Assistive Technology Instructor
Kelly Lewis, Rehabilitation Instructor
Sally Newton, O&M Instructor
Anissa Pieriboni, President/CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of assistive technology.
- Offers adaptive counseling for the blind and their companions.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides assistance for blind persons in adjusting to their environment, including independent living skills, mobility (use of the white cane), braille, and use of adaptive aids and appliances.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides training in job skills such as typing, using computers with speech, employability and electronic communications.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other programs for seniors.
- Professional Training
- Provides training for FCB volunteers and staff, health care professionals, special education teachers, social workers.
- Services for Seniors
- Support Groups
- Has a support group for people who are blind and their companions.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides O&M training.