Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology, A division of the Henry Ford Department of Ophthalmology
15415 East Jefferson Avenue
Grosse Pointe Park Michigan 1 48230
(313) 824 4710
The Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology (DIO) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, devoted to matters pertaining to vision and the eye. It was founded in 1972 by business people and local ophthalmologists to provide the support and tools necessary to enhance independence for the visually impaired and blind; and help provide answers to eye and vision problems through research.
The DIO operates four support groups for adults and seniors who are visually impaired. Transportation is available for members of the visually impaired support groups.
Helen Clarren, Support Services for the Visually Impaired, firstname.lastname@example.org, 313 824 4710 ext.40476
Judith Dara, Practice Manager, email@example.com, 313 824 4710 ext.222
Philip Hessburg, Medical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 313 824 4710 ext.236
- Assistive Products
- Distributes low vision devices. Products for sale on site.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Computer training for the visually impaired and blind
- Services for Seniors
- Support groups for visually impaired and blind seniors
- Support Groups
- Offers support groups for visually impaired seniors and workshops in daily living skills.