DC Center for Independent Living
1400 Florida Avenue, NE
Washington District of Columbia 1 20002
(202) 388 0033
We are a Center for Independent Living serving all people with disabilities in our Main Office and Satellite Office; The Older Individuals Who Are Blind Program serves people who are 55 years or older and legally blind.
Richard Simms,Executive Director,email@example.com
- Community Outreach Programs
- Seeks out persons who are 55 years or more of age and who are blind to provide services that promote independence in their community.
- Provides training in independent living skills.
- Helps people to obtain funding for assistive technology aids and devices that foster greater independence.
- Offers low vision services.
- Older Individuals Who Are Blind program (OIB): Since 1194, DCCIL has provided independent living services to persons 55 and older who are blind and visually impaired. The program offers low vision, outreach, O&M and other services to assist our seniors in being independent.
- Offers peer counseling.
- Offers O&M training.