Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind
33 North Institute Street
Colorado Springs Colorado 1 80903-3599
(719) 578 2100
The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind is provides children and families statewide with comprehensive, specialized educational services in safe, nurturing environments. We empower learners to become self-determined, independent contributing citizens within their communities.
Carol Hilty, Superintendent, firstname.lastname@example.org, 719 578 2102
Jamie Lugo, Principal, School for the Blind, email@example.com, 719 578 2108
Jon Vigne, Director of Special Education, firstname.lastname@example.org, 719 578 2177
- Community Outreach Programs
- Extensive programs provided for Colorado students and teachers.
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Consultation/technical assistance available to school districts or others providing educational services to blind/visually impaired students.<br> Provides consultation to other agencies for rehabilitation teaching in client's home and community.
- Health Services
- Offers audiology therapy, general medical services, speech therapy. Contracts and refers for other health services.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Professional Training
- Offers internship/fieldwork placement in orientation and mobility, special education, vocational rehabilitation and in-service training programs open to enrollment from other agencies.