CNIB Foundation: Quebec Division
Montreal Quebec USA H2K 3T1
(514) 934 4622
David Demers, Executive Director, Quebec Division, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Needs assessment completed along with client. Depending on assessment outcome, client may be referred to a government-funded rehabilitation program or service delivered by a provincial vision rehab centre of his or her district.
- Assistive Products
- Provides product information and demonstrations and offers opportunities for purchasing assistive devices and independent living tools.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational and other materials.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts outreach initiatives with partner provincial organizations in the vision field, retirement residences, educational establishments, eye professionals and/or through organized events in the offices of the Quebec Division.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides 35 to 45-hour instructional programs on the Microsoft suite of software and hands-on training on the use of the online CNIB Digital Library.
- Counselors are available by phone or by appointment.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on a wide range of topics related to vision loss and services available at the CNIB-Quebec Division or on services and programs offered by other Quebec blindness organizations (private and public).
- Library Services
- Offers a bilingual service that produces and circulates talking books and magazines on CD-ROM in DAISY format for both adults and children, braille books, electronic books, children’s printbraille books, braille music, descriptive videos, and tactile diagrams. The CNIB Digital Library services include the Children's Discovery Portal, its online searchable Library catalogue, DAISY talking books and magazines on-line, electronic text and braille books, accessible web sites, electronic databases, an online newspaper and magazines stand also available by phone.
- Reading Services
- Provides a reading service of local or district newspapers by telephone (manned by volunteers and CNIB staff).
- Support Groups
- Offers peer support group programs.