Chautauqua Blind Association
510 West Fifth Street
Jamestown New York 1 14701
(716) 664 6660
The mission of the Chautauqua Blind Association is to enable visually impaired people to be active members of their communities and to provide education and services to prevent vision loss.
Lisa Goodell, M.P.A, Executive Director, Lisa@chautauquablind.org
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Large-print phone directories, recipe books, or other materials requested by client.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers community-wide Healthy Vision Educational Programs.
- Teaching staff performs social work, networking.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides rehabilitative training and training in the use of low vision devices.
- In-Home Services
- Offers in-home services.
- Information and Referral
- Networks with community and other providers of services to blind or visually impaired individuals.
- Low Vision Devices
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Low Vision Services
- Contracts with area low vision specialists for client examinations and prescribed devices.
- Services for Seniors
- As a subcontract agency of the New York State Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped, CBA provides a variety of services upon referral from an eye professional and/or CBVH counselor.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.