California Department of Rehabilitation: Blind Field Services Division
721 Capitol Mall
Sacramento California 1 95814
(916) 558 5480
The California Department of Rehabilitation works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living and equality for individuals with disabilities.
Jay Harris,OIB Program Manager,Jay.email@example.com
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- BFS works with a variety of programs that offer services to individuals with visual disabilities. <br><br> Business Enterprises Program (BEP): Food service vendor-training program for individuals who are legally blind. <br><br> Title VII Chapter 2: Assistance for older blind persons through community based agencies. <br><br> Orientation Center for the Blind (OCB): A residential immersion program that teaches adjustment to vision loss.
- BFS services are tailored to meet the vocational and/or independent living needs of each individual. Some of the services we provide are: Assessment and Counseling; Adjustment to Vision Loss Services; Training and Education; Assistive Technology; Job Preparation and Placement; Job Retention Services; Daily Living Skills; Home Management. Services for Employers: Recruitment Assistance; On-The-Job Training; Job Retention Services; Assistive Technology; Disability Awareness Training; Information on Hiring Incentives, Tax Credits, Accessibility and Accommodation.
- Offers family and caregiver services.
- Offers referrals to aging programs.
- Offers reading services.
- Provides orientation and mobility training.